R.R.R.R.R.ise Above Your Circumstances...A 5 Part Blog Series...Part 5


Be a RISK-TAKER and lean into the fear of failure.Would you like to know where real potential lies? It actually hides behind opportunities that present themselves to us, and we avoid because we are afraid we will fail at them. The most important question in those moments is NOT ‘what if I fail?’, rather it is ‘how much will I grow if I try?’ Here’s a quick  list of things that happen when a person fails…-Failure shows us how bad we want something-Failure show us exactly what we need to improve on to be successful-Failure can re-direct you to a path that yields more success.Hold on. Don’t get excited about all the benefits of failure yet. The hardest part has to come first. 

First, you must take some risks. Want to know what a risk is? It is something that scares you and has consequences for failing. Just remember, the greater the risk, the greater the reward. Ask yourself, ‘what do I want to do, but I’m afraid to because I think I might fail’. Chances are your greatest growth and potential lies in the answer to that question.The whole idea of rising above one’s circumstances crystalized for me because of the other speaker that I partnered up with at the Greater Middlesex Conference Sportsmanship Banquet back in the month of May. I had the pleasure of meeting, hearing from, and speaking alongside of Eric LeGrande. If you don’t know Eric, check out his full story here. Eric has become a hero in the state of New Jersey for his incredible ability to rise above his circumstances. Eric probably embodies the five ‘R’ qualities in greater measure every day than few of us will have to demonstrate in a lifetime. I pray that Eric reaches his goal of walking across the same field that he was paralyzed on at High Point Solutions Stadium here in my home town of Piscataway. Regardless, Eric has made it clear that he has and will continue to rise above his circumstances.What about you? Will you R.R.R.R.R.ise above yours?

Comments

Post a Comment