20 pieces of unsolicited advice for the 200th post

This is my 200th post on Bite Down and Don't Let Go. I don't know how meaningful it is, but it feels like something I should note. I do not have 200 of anything to share with you, but I have 20 pieces of unsolicited advice for you, one for every 10 posts over the years on this blog. 

UNSOLICITED ADVICE

1. Walk with God, and you'll never regret it. *my dad was right about that

2. Say 'I love you' when you hang up the phone with a loved one. Every. Time. 

3. High-five and fist-bump your co-workers. They'll like working with you more. 

4. If you're a parent, tell your son you're proud of him daily. Sons need to know this. 

5. If you're a parent, tell your daughter she's beautiful every day. Daughters need to know this. 

6. Tell your parents you're proud of them. The older they get, the more that will matter to them. 

7. Nothing good happens after midnight. Go to bed. 

8. Never say 'but' after you say, 'I'm sorry.' 

9. Fold laundry while listening to a podcast. 

10. Establish a fitness habit. And never miss it. 

11. Read your Bible and pray every day

12. Be. Unselfish. *my dad was right about this one too. 

13. Save money every paycheck. 

14. Read one chapter of a book every single day. You'll read 2-3 books per month. 

15. Be the first one to smile when you approach someone. It's not creepy. It's friendly. 

16. When you hug someone, don't hesitate. Dive in and hug the crap out of 'em. 

17. Slow down when you speak in front of a group. 

18. If you are a salaried employee, never calculate your hourly rate. It's petty. 

19. Love winning more than you hate losing. 

20. Find joy in celebrating the achievements of others. 

Thanks for reading Bite Down and Don't Let Go. I echo CS Lewis' sentiments when he said, 'It is my plight in life to imagine conditions far higher than I have reached.' I am still only beginning to apply most of what I share on this blog to my own life. 

Keep on, keepin' on, friends!

Bite Down and Don’t Let Go is a collection of writings on relentlessly leading yourself and others well. Read about it more hereYou can listen to the Bite Down and Don't Let Go podcast here! 

Dr. Chris Hobbs is an educational leader with more than two decades of experience. He’s earned a few degrees and won some awards. He’s happily married to his high school sweetheart, and they have three children. Life is messy and complicated most of the time. You can follow him on Twitter for inspirational thoughts and good laughs.

Comments